Set for a May 7 release, Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us will run gamers $59.99. But for additional $20, buyers can pick up the game’s Survival Edition. In addition to the game itself, the extra charge will bring in the following:
- Full-size hardcover art book by Dark Horse Comics
- The Last of Us: American Dreams Comic #1 with variant cover
- Signs & Sounds pack DLC voucher
- Steelbook Metal Box packaging
- Naughty Dog Stickers
As of the moment, only EB Games offers the pre-order, although it is expected that other online stores will have their pre-order for The Last of Us: Survival Edition up soon.
The Last of Us: Post-Pandemic Edition
Another The Last of Us special edition was also unveiled after the announcement of its Survival Edition. The Post-pandemic Edition will be available exclusively at GameStop for $159.99. The additional $100 brings in the following:
- Steelbook edition of the game
- The Last of Us: American Dreams issue 1 with variant cover
- 12-inch premium statue of Joel and Ellie by Project Triforce
- Survival and Sights & Sounds DLC packs
- Naughty Dog stickers
In relation to this, the Sights & Sounds DLC pack features the official game soundtrack by Academy Award-winning musician Gustavo Santaolalla, PS3 dynamic theme, and PSN avatars of winter Joel and Ellie.
The Survival DLC pack, on the other hand, features Multiplayer Bonuses such as Bonus XP, melee booster, in-game currency, and customizable character items. It also brings in the Joel and Ellie skins, which will be available once the single player game is completed.
The Last of Us: Synopsis and Gameplay
Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us is a post-apocalyptic action-adventure game that focuses on the story of Joel and Ellie. Both of them are trekking across a post-apocalyptic America while hiding from scavengers, military forces, and the clutch of the Infected.
The Infected are humanoids whose sole aim is to spread a fungal infection. On the other hand, the scavengers are those who were able to survive outside the quarantine zone. They see Joel and Ellie as their latest prey.
It is set twenty years after a cordyceps-type fungus has killed millions of people. While survivors are hemmed inside quarantine zones maintained under Martial Law, Joel promises to an old friend that he will rescue a young girl—Ellie—away from the harsh regime.
The Last of Us will be available worldwide on May 7 as a PlayStation 3 exclusive.
Latest posts by Aki Libo-on (see all)
- MacBook Air Stocks Slide Ahead of WWDC 2013 - May 20, 2013
- LG, Sharp and AUO, Rumored to Build Next-Gen iPad Mini Displays - May 20, 2013
- PlayStation Store Update: North America - May 17, 2013