Earlier today, Chart Track UK reported that Halo 4 was able to sell more units compared to Assassin’s Creed III last week. Because of this, the game now ranks as the 18th biggest SKU launch when it comes to week 1 units. However, Halo 4 was not able to beat its predecessor’s launch record in 2007 or Halo: Reach in 2010.
Released last Tuesday, November 6, it was reported that Halo 4 is the 16th game title that was released this year. After outperforming Assassin’s Creed III, which is now placed at number two, following the ranks are FIFA 13 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Here’s the All-Format UK Software Sales Chart:
- Halo 4 (Microsoft)
- Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- FIFA 13 (EA)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- Football Manager 2013 (SEGA)
- Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- WWE ’13 (THQ)
- Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
- Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
Halo 4 Updates
In addition, Halo 4 also received a pair of updates earlier today—a Spartan Ops mission and a playlist update that adds SWAT.
Spartan Ops: Episode 2 is an episodic series that will run for ten weeks. This week, it will kick off as a Forerunner artifact that was discovered by humans on Requiem. This discovery will cause trouble on the UNSC Infinity, which will need the help of the Spartans to save the day. The mission update should be available in the Spartan Ops playlist once users boot up the Halo 4 on their console.
Other than that, game developer 343 Industries launched the SWAT as part of their weekly multiplayer playlist update. As posted on the gaming site Examiner:
The classic mode comes with some changes to both weapon damage and the HUD. Players will be equipped with Battle Rifles, DMRs and Magnums, have no shield or radar tracking, and will not be able to use ordinance drops in this game modes.
The game developer also tweaked the three weapons for SWAT.
- DMR – 3 bullets to the chest, 1 bullet to the head
- Magnum – 3 bullets to the chest, 1 bullet to the head
- BR – 7 bullets to the chest with three bullets in every burst, 1 bullet to the head
Aside from that, 343 Industries also added five new maps for the SWAT playlist: Haven, Adrift, Complex, Abandon, and Solace. In relation to this, it was reported that the game developer will be updating Halo 4’s multiplayer playlist every week compared to their monthly update for Halo: Reach.
Latest posts by Aki Libo-on (see all)
- This Thursday: Battery-Swap Car Tech Demo by Tesla - June 19, 2013
- You Can Plug an XBox 360 to an XBox One? - June 18, 2013
- Sony Reveals Changes to PS4 PlayStation Plus - June 18, 2013