Ubisoft is rejoicing as the latest Assassin’s Creed game becomes their fastest-selling game ever. According to sales monitor GFK Chart-Track, Assassin’s Creed 3’s first week of sale is almost double that of its predecessor. Not to mention that it was able to outdo Assassin’s Creed: Revelations by more 117,000 units.
It is followed by FIFA 13 on the second spot, while Medal of Honor Warfighter falls from first to sixth place. Forza Horizon also drops to seventh place as its sales declined for about 50 percent.
New titles were able to make it on the list, as fans and gamers are gearing up for a holiday spending season. In third place is WWE 13, while Need for Speed Most Wanted took the fifth spot.
Moreover, AC3’s PlayStation Vita version is now labeled as Ubisoft’s third biggest debut for the said console. It comes at the heels of Uncharted: Golden Abyss and FIFA Football. The list of last week’s top ten fastest-selling games according GFK Chart-Track is posted below:
- Assassin’s Creed 3
- FIFA 13
- WWE ’13
- Football Manager 2013
- Need For Speed Most Wanted
- Medal of Honor Warfighter
- Forza Horizon
- Skylanders Giants
- Just Dance 4
Despite the good news, there are users who find the game crappy. Some gamers pointed out that Assassin’s Creed 3 is a good game with admirable ambition, although it has a couple of minor and major issues. It could have brought justice to the story, but Ubisoft’s goal buckled it down.
Initial AC3 Review
Furthermore, UK gaming news website Computer and Video Games posted an initial roundup of early review scores that appeared online last week.
- Official Xbox Magazine Italy: 10/10 - “An absolute masterpiece to which the experience remains indispensable for any fan of video games and beyond, with a depth of gameplay and longevity unparalleled in the action scene, a game that will remain in the annals for a long time.”
- X360 Magazine: 9/10 - “Like any game of such scope, not every part of it is perfect. Yet, taken as a whole, there is very little that can compete with its wonderful, lavish, historical playground.”
- Meristation (Spanish translation): 8.5 - Positives: Historical setting, naval battles, interesting Desmond sections, environments and weather, hundreds of side quests. Negatives: bugs, slow start, enemy AI and cropped draw distances.
Latest posts by Aki Libo-on (see all)
- MacBook Air Stocks Slide Ahead of WWDC 2013 - May 20, 2013
- LG, Sharp and AUO, Rumored to Build Next-Gen iPad Mini Displays - May 20, 2013
- PlayStation Store Update: North America - May 17, 2013