Now that summer is here, it’s time to figure out what you’re going to do on your vacation. If you’re an adventurer, there are tons of places you can go with a variety of bold activities.
Best Vacation Spots
Lake Tahoe, Nevada and California
If you’re not already familiar with the area, Lake Tahoe borders both northern Nevada and northern California and there are plenty of things for you to do on both sides of the lake. On the water there are more than just a splash of activities. There are many places where you can go fishing, sailing, day cruises, boating, parasailing, and water skiing.
You can try various activities around the Lake as well as the state parks (on both the California and Nevada side) with plenty of trails. Outdoor adventure activities in the Lake Tahoe area include hiking, biking, horseback riding, and ATV, jeep, or Hummer rides through tough terrain.
There are also some miscellaneous activities that you would find to be a lot of fun. You can go on a hot air balloon ride, spend a day paint balling, or visit one of the amusement parks in the area. For something different, stomp your feet down to one of the many wineries in the area. The Nevada side has some, but the California side is packed with wineries.
The Bahamas are located off of the Atlantic Coast, southeast of Miami, Florida. You’ll love the view and scenery. Of course, most activities involve the water. Along with regular beach activities (tanning, swimming, watching women), you can spend your days sailing, riding a powerboat, SCUBA diving, and snorkeling. You can even ta.
Other activities in the Bahamas include horseback riding, where you can even ride right on the beach, ATV riding, golfing, and visiting amusement and water parks in the area.
As you know, there’s more than one island in Hawaii and almost any are good for tourists, but the big island is the best. You can enjoy an array of things to do including fishing, deep sea fishing, SCUBA diving, kayaking, and sailing. Also, if you’re a nature lover, try biking, hiking, or horseback riding in Hawaii.
For other things to do, you can take a helicopter ride near the volcanoes and even take a tour through lava tubes. For those who don’t know what a lava tube is, it’s pretty much what it sounds like. It’s a passageway where lava went. It’s like an underground tunnel. Hawaii is one of the very few places in the world where these tubes are open to the public.
If you’d like to take an exciting trip but want to beat the heat, you may want to consider a vacation in Alaska. It’s a summer vacation like no other and is a must for the outdoor enthusiast. You can still partake in water activities such as boating, rafting, kayaking, canoeing, and fishing. As a matter of fact, since the climate is much different from what you’re probably used to, the fishing will also be unique for you.
Though there are some water activities, the best part of Alaska is its outdoor scenery. If you’re into hiking or mountain biking, Alaska is one of the best places to visit. It’s also a different experience to camp out there. If you really want to have fun and do something original, go for a glacier or wildlife cruise.
Another great thing about Alaska is its abundant natural resources. While you’re there, take advantage of it and try berry picking, mushroom picking, or gold panning.
Southeastern Utah (Pine Valley)
Again, this is a spot for the outdoor enthusiast. This portion of Utah borders Nevada and Arizona and has some absolutely gorgeous scenery. Not only is Pine Valley in this area, but also nearby is Zion National Park. In this region you can fish, go boating, canoeing, kayaking, or white water rafting. Also, if you like other outdoor adventures, try camping, hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, and rock climbing.
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Everyone’s heard of Yellowstone National Park, but if you haven’t been there, you may not know that it’s located in the northwestern corner of Wyoming and borders Montana. What it’s most famous for is being the home of “Old Faithful”, the massive geyser that is fairly predictable on its eruptions. Of course one thing you must do is witness this. Also, this park has some deep cave dwelling that can be explored as well as an old ghost town.
Other things to do at Yellowstone include fishing, canoeing, rock climbing, hiking, camping, biking, horseback riding, and of course observing the wildlife. This part of Wyoming has some fascinating wildlife and if you’re in the area, you’ll have no choice but to see it since many species of wildlife will make themselves known.
The Grand Canyon, Arizona
If you’ve never experienced the Grand Canyon in person, then you haven’t seen anything yet! This massive canyon will take your breath away. Among this area many attractions are many overlooks so you can experience the exuberance of the canyon. The best one is the horseshoe shaped glassed in overlook that actually extends over the canyon for a short distance. If you want to experience the canyon from the air, take a helicopter ride over it.
Another unique thing you can do there is take a mule ride. There’s also plenty of trails for hiking and plenty of places to camp. Another great thing about the Grand Canyon area is the white water rafting. It’s one of the best places in the world for such an adventure.
Best Spots for Specific Adventures
Maybe there is one specific thrill you’d like to experience. If this is the case, then you may want to take a special trip just to do what you love best. Listed below are some key vacationing adventures and the top five places in the world to experience them. Though there are other things to do in these areas, their specialties are shown below.
White Water Rafting
1. Rio Futaleufú, Chile: If you’re into white water rafting, then this place located along the South Pacific in southwestern South America is definitely worth the money. They offer 4 day (3 night), 6 day (5 night), and 8 day (7 night) rafting trips. Accommodations are included in the trip and you get to spend all of those days doing what you love – braving the rapids.
2. Colorado River, Arizona (Grand Canyon): The Colorado River is an amazing place to go for white water rafting and your surroundings in the Grand Canyon area are incredible. They offer 3 to 13 day tours, so there’s something for all.
3. Zambezi River, Zimbabwe: Located in southern Africa, the rapids in this area are only for the experienced rafter as it’s rated as difficult. There are a variety of packages to consider if you’re a good rafter. It’s an amazing trip and one you won’t want to miss out on. However, if you’re a beginner, you’ll want to go somewhere else.
4. Rio Apurímac, Peru: Located along the South Pacific in northern South America, Rip Apurimac is a great place for someone who is not a beginner. Intermediate and advanced rafters will do just fine.
5. Salmon River, Idaho: This rafting site is located in the middle of the state north of Challis National Forrest in Idaho and is really great fro all levels of rafting expertise. You’ll not only get the fun of the rapids, but you’ll also see a lot of wildlife on your way.
Make sure to check out the links below!
1. Siesta Key, Florida: Parasailing is one of the many activities on this beach. Siesta Key is located on the Gulf side of Florida.
2. San Diego, California: With the many ocean beaches in California, a cool place like Mission Bay in San Diego is often overlooked. There are also some other great adventures at Mission Bay.
3. Aruba: If you’re unfamiliar with where Aruba is located, it’s a small island just north of Venezuela and there are tons of things for tourists to do. One of the most exhilarating experiences is the parasailing. The view is mind-blowing.
4. Cancun, Mexico: Of course, you know that Cancun already has a lot to offer vacationers. If you go to Cancun, make sure to check out Aquaworld. This is where you’ll find an awesome parsailing trip. The equipment they use is the perfect set up for couples, so keep this in mind, especially if you’re looking for a romantic trip as well.
5. Waikiki Beach, Hawaii: There’s nothing like the view in Hawaii and parasailing in the waters of Waikiki Beach is breathtaking. Check out this site for more details about an awesome experience. http://www.hawaiiactive.com/activities/oahu-xtreme-parasail.html
1. Goldeneye 007 Bungee Jumping Center: Why does this establishment mention 007, better known as James Bond? Well, in the movie, “Goldeneye”, this is the wall where James Bond jumped. It’s also the highest bungee jumping site in the world (over 700 feet high). It’s located in Ticino, Switzerland and is the most famous bungee jumping destination, so if you want to have bragging rights with your friends, go ahead and take the plunge.
2. Blue Thunder Bungee: This one is located inside West Edmonton Mall in Alberta, Canada. Check out the video to see what’s so cool about this spot. I love the fact that there’s water underneath you. You get to take a plunge and a dunk at the same time.
3. Ultimate Bungee: Check out this 500 foot drop into the Bhote Koshi River in Nepal. Sure, it’s too far to go just for bungee jumping, but you can check out there other adventures while you’re there.
4. Tropical Bungee, Costa Rica: Here they not only have a great bungee jumping location with a gorgeous view, but they also have other adventures in the same area such as rock climbing. You can surely make an entire adventurous vacation out of visiting Costa Rica.
5. Bungee America Inc., California: This location is located in Angeles National Forest, so get your hiking boots ready and spend the day enjoying the great outdoors. This jump off of a bridge is amazing. They allow you to do different types of jumps too.
You’ve heard what they say. “A picture is worth a thousand words”. So, without further ado, check out these photos and you decide which looks best.
1. Dead Horse Point in Dead Horse Point State Park, Utah
2. Spider Rock in National Park of Arizona
3. El Capitan at Yosemite National Park, California
4. Mount Roraima in Canaima National Park, Venezuala
5. Bugaboo Spire in Columbia-Kootenay, Canada
1. The Classic Wildlife Safari, Kenya: Just a good old safari, but the best around.
2. Gorilla Trekking, Uganda: Tours from 2 days to 25 days long; enough to satisfy anyone’s schedule and desires.
3. A Mountain Climb: A safari that takes you on a climb up Mount Kilimanjaro in the Untied Republic of Tanzania, bordering southern Kenya.
4. Safari on Elephant Back: Really want to experience Africa? Take an elephant ride on your safari in South Africa or Botswana.
5. Flying Safari : If you ever want to get a different perspective of African wildlife, go on a flying safari. It’ll be like nothing you’ve ever experienced. They offer special trips in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Latest posts by Aaron Borland (see all)
- Get Hammered: Tips to Creating the Perfect Handyman’s Garage - April 6, 2012
- Famous Braniacs: Celebrity MENSA Members - March 30, 2011
- The 12 Most Kick Ass Music Festivals of all Time - March 21, 2011