Detroit-based car manufacturer, Chevrolet, recently took its Camaro SS upgrade with the 1LE package at the Virginia International Raceway for testing. While at the VIR, it was revealed that the car is good for a lap time of 2 minutes, 58.43 seconds.
The 1LE package rooted from the automaker’s long tradition of upgrading the handling of the Camaro. According to Chevy, this new package changes the car’s gear ratio, suspension tuning, and chassis mounts, optimizing the vehicle for track duty. As stated on Chevrolet’s official site:
For more than two decades, owners and enthusiasts have coveted the competition-ready third and fourth-generation Camaro Coupe 1LE Package. Now the 1LE is back—combining white-knuckle performance elements of the ZL1 and SS with a decidedly aggressive attitude of its own.
The package also includes the following:
- FE6 Performance Ride and Handling Suspension
- Four-piston Brembo disc brakes with red calipers
- Tremec 6-speed manual transmission with specific gearing
- Electric Power Steering
- Dual-mode exhaust with quad outlets
- 3.91:1 axle ratio
- 27-millimeter solid front and rear stabilizer bar for improved body control.
- Strut tower brace for improved steering feel and response.
- ZL1-based 20 x 20-inch front and 20 x 11-inch aluminum wheels.
- 285/35ZR-20 Goodyear Eagle Supercar G:2 front and rear tires, which is identical to the ZL1 front tires.
- ZL1 wheel bearings, toe links, and rear shock mounts for improved on-track performance.
- ZL1 high-capacity fuel pump and additional fuel pickups for improved fuel delivery during hard cornering.
What makes the Camaro SS 1LE different from a standard coupe is its matte black hood, new front splitter, rear spoiler, and 10-spoke wheels. The car will also feature RS Appearance Package and sunroof. The vehicle’s interior, on the other hand, boasts suede microfiber-wrapped flat bottom steering wheel, shift knob and boot, Boston Acoustics’ premium 9-speaker sound system, as well as rear vision package.
The new 1LE package adds $3,500 to the cost of a standard Camaro SS, which makes the price of a Camaro SS 1LE at $37,035.
Introducing Chevrolet MyLink1
Other than the Camaro SS 1LE car, Chevrolet also announced that all Camaro LT, SS, and ZL1 will carry the standard Chevrolet MyLink1 beginning next year. This feature is a 21st century upgrade on how users can enjoy their music and connect with the outside world while on the road.
All it needs is a Bluetooth-paired smartphone, which enables users to organize their music library and integrate their contacts for advanced hands-free calling.
Latest posts by Aki Libo-on (see all)
- Sony Trolls Next-Gen Xbox with their PS4 Ads - May 21, 2013
- Microsoft’s “A New Generation” Conference Details Revealed - May 21, 2013
- MacBook Air Stocks Slide Ahead of WWDC 2013 - May 20, 2013